Having grown up in IT and Operations, being in HR is, at times, still an eye opening experience for me. On the other hand, it gives me a different perspective, I think, on the “traditional” approach. I’m a firm believer that everyone should spend some of their formative years in a function other than the one they choose as their career path.
I’ve been fortunate enough to be asked to serve as a writer, speaker, facilitator, and host for a number of events. I enjoy them all, and am always open to serve in these capacities for others. I can be contacted at Dwane.Lay@LeanHRBlog.com, on Twitter (@DwaneLay and @LeanHR) or on Facebook (facebook.com/dtlay and facebook.com/LeanHR).
I am also the Head of HR Process Design for Dovetail Software. In this role, I work to analyze prospects’ and customers’ current HR processes and recommending improvements to aid in adoption efforts, as well as serving as Dovetail’s subject matter expert on HR reporting and analytics.
I’ve been fortunate enough to speak to groups large and small across the country and share my passion.
I’ve been booked as:
- a speaker on process improvement in HR (certified for HRCI strategic credit, no less!)
- a speaker on social media tools and implementations
- an emcee for state SHRM conferences
- a keynote speaker for professional organizations
- Leader for a two day Lean Six Sigma workshop (certified for 13.5 HRCI credits!)
Where I’ve Been
Where I’ll Be in 2012